Thursday, February 19, 2015

HELLO FRESH!

I recently posted on my Instagram account and my Facebook about a HelloFresh meal I was preparing for supper and it sparked some interest with my friends and followers. I thought I would just post the results here to provide more detailed feedback about how everything was!

This is not my first HelloFresh meal. It is my second box.

I want to start out first by saying when I saw the price initially I was like (I am a bargain shopper all the way) "Whoa! I can totally shop for less than that!" Well of course you can, but ask yourself if you are willing to pay for connivence and less prep time. Once you break down the box of 3 meals for 2 people at 69 dollars each you have a total of 11.66 per person. Not as outrageous as I thought.

I am a believer of staying out of the store to reduce the amount of money you spend on impulse buys. This takes you out of the store completely! LOVE THAT. I hate grocery shopping.

We have also cut down on over eating and food waste as a result of the portions.

I do want to give you a heads up they will charge you each week!!!!! So after your first meal as shipped out pause your account until you try the product to make sure you like it otherwise they will go a head, charge and ship for the following week and we don't want that.

Let me tell you how this meal program works:
You sign up at HelloFresh.com be sure to use my offer code so you can try 29 dollars instead of 69 dollars. Your price will vary depending on if you are getting the meal for 2 or 4 people. My price for two people is 69 dollars and that includes shipping.



Here is my referral code for the 40 dollars off! Share with anyone you would like!


Your box should arrive at the beginning of each week. It will include anything you need for the recipe perfectly portioned out. The only thing you will need in your kitchen would be things like butter, oil, salt and pepper. All of the fresh herbs, dairy, stock, meat, starches will come in your box.

Each meal is in its own separate bag so you will know what ingredients will go with what recipe.

Now on to what I thought of my meal last night!

Peppercorn Steak 

with Roasted Baby Potatoes and Creamed Spinach

Recipe

 Ingredients:
Sirloin steak
Baby potatoes
Spinach
Shallot
Sour Cream
Stock concentrate

Finished product

Overall this meal was awesome! I really like the recipe. I started at 5:15 and was eating by exactly 6:00. The fact that there is very little prep involved with these meals also keeps your kitchen cleaner.

At first glance the recipes seem to simple to be good but everything I have made was very flavorful. They are well balanced meals and the product arrives fresh.

I give hello fresh 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one because of price and auto draft policy.

Hope this post helps everyone. If you have any additional questions you can email me at laceylgaddy@gmail.com

or find me on Instagram. @corkscrewsandcavaliers

Just to edit this post a little bit. I wanted to let you guys know that this recipe was 570 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment